Sustainability Commitment Statement:
Wave Media Communication recognises the importance of reducing its impact on the environment and has implemented initiatives in support of environmental improvement and sustainable development.
The company has, and continues to develop, a simple set of operational standards in the form of a sustainability commitment, which takes care to minimise impact whilst ensuring our clients experience is not compromised. In the coming years, it is our intention to adopt a more coordinated approach to ensuring a sustainable future.
This commitment has been developed in line with all company compliance tools so as to ensure it is recognised and easy to implement. It will remain simply written, containing common sense and practical working practises.
The key standards include –
- Sustainable purchasing arrangements for materials, inks, equipment, energy and chemicals.
- Transport / travel policy – maximise the use of public transport, promote car sharing and reducing fuel consumption for our distribution network.
- Pollution prevention measures and emergency procedures to reduce the risk of incidents and their impact which could damage our industries environment.
- Maintain a zero landfill strategy whilst maintaining a focus on reducing waste volumes in all areas of the business.
- Energy economy measures for each business department with clear targets set and communicated.
- Energy conservation/efficiency – measures to be considered and incorporated into builds, refurbishments and print plant replacements.
- Environmental & social support to the companies local community through established and well recognised mechanisms.
As part of the Annual Business Plan, a clear set of objectives, building on successes to date and allocating Management responsibilities to all levels with target timescales for implementation will be put in place.
Training requirements for individual personnel to enhance our Health and Safety commitment will need to be consistently monitored.
To summarise, the aim of this initiative is to secure a continual commitment, review performance and build on successes to date to deliver a high level of Sustainability awareness and performance.